It can be difficult to be a beginner when it comes to joints. You've probably seen your friends roll joints like pros in seconds while your efforts come to nothing.
To be honest, rolling a joint by hand takes a lot of practice. Many of us, however, are unwilling to go to the trouble of learning how to roll a joint. Fortunately, many brands have developed a method to help both new and experienced users save time. By following a few simple steps, joint rollers, a relatively new tool, will assist you in achieving a flawless rolling.
Rolling a joint with a roller is neither too difficult nor too easy, especially if it's your first time and you're rolling without any outside aid. We will show you how to use a joint roller and share some of the best tools available today for this purpose in this guide. Whether you're thinking about getting a joint roller or already have one at hand, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to make fancy joints in this way to share with friends.
Preparation Before Starting Rolling
You should do a few things before starting to pack and use a joint roller, all of which will significantly improve the experience by ensuring that the joint rolls and smokes smoothly.
- Examine your cannabis for moisture visually
Because cannabis flowers burn differently in a joint than they do in a bong or a pipe, a product that burns well in glass may not be a good candidate for a joint roller. Buds must be crisp to the touch, and small branches should snap off with little to no effort when bent. It is unlikely to provide a smooth or consistent burn if the stems bend or the bud is damp when pressed between your fingers.
- Ensure all necessary tools are at hand
Instead of a joint roller and your weed, you need some other accessories to ensure the successful progress of rolling. Getting everything you need ready ahead of time will make your work more efficient.
Usually, what you need is as follows:
- Joint Roller
- Rolling Paper (compatible with roller)
- Rolling Tray (optional)
- Joint Filter
- Clean the roller before you begin
Even if a joint roller hasn't been used for a while, it's likely to have fuzz, dust, and other potential contaminants that may interfere with the smoothness of the taste and the machine's proper functioning. Because the machine is under pressure, even a small piece out of place can cause it to jam, so it is critical to keep it clean and to do so before each use.
How To Use A Joint Roller - Step by Step
Once you've gotten all of these items ready, find a tray or a place where you can use your joint roller without making a mess. When you're finished, it's time to learn how to use your joint roller.
- Grind your wee finely. Use weed between 0.5 to 1.5 grams, as an excess amount may result in a too-tight joint that will not burn well. Keep your weed in a container until you're going to roll it.
- Open the rolling machine slide it up and over. You'll notice grooves for the pegs to go through on each side of the machine. After unlocking the joint roller, run your finger through the center to ensure enough space for your herb.
- Pack your herb only on one side of the two rollers. If you use filters, the remaining space at one end will be used to place your filter, so don't load your weed there. Remember that cramming too much will lead to a bad joint that burns unevenly.
- Roll your machine. Lock the roller closest to you and place both of your thumbs about ¼ in from the ends of the roll closest to you, and your two index fingers about ¼ in from the ends of the roll farther away from you. Then, pull your thumbs in and down while moving your fingers away from you and up. This ensures that both rollers are moving and that your herb is properly packed. You'll notice that some ground cannabis will fall off, which is completely normal if you pack too much.
- After a few seconds of rolling, it's time to use your rolling paper. Insert the paper between the two rolls. You must keep the sticky end facing up towards you. Give your roller a half-turn now, until only the part with the glue is stood out. Before you continue rolling another half-turn, lick it.
- Your joint is now complete. Simply unhinge the roller and remove your flawless joint. Start smoking your freshly packed herb after lighting the end.
It may appear to be a complex process at first. However, if you haven't mastered the art of rolling a joint yet, using a joint roller machine is one of the simplest ways to get a clean joint. Do a few more practices until you've gotten the hang of it.
Our Recommends: Newbie Friendly Joint Rollers
As previously stated, many brands have developed their rolling machines. You can get a great joint roller machine at an affordable price that will allow you to pack your herb in minutes.
Here are some of the newbie-friendly joint rollers we found on the market:
This joint roller may be the best-selling rolling machine on the market; RAW designed this portable and simple-to-use joint roller to assist beginners. If the term "joint roller" existed in the dictionary, you'd most likely find a picture of the Raw 14 hemp plastic cigarette rolling machine next to the definition. This old-school classic is the archetype, the device that comes to mind when you think of joint rollers with the most tried design. Why did it become an icon, and how has it withstood the test of time? It's simple – it's inexpensive, dependable, and effortless to use.
100MM Zig-Zag Rolling Machine is one of the world’s leaders in rolling papers and accessories, thanks to its attention to detail and consistency. You will get a smoother smoking experience when you roll with a roller from Zig Zag! If you like to smoke bigger joints, then getting a Zig Zag rolling machine is your best bet because it is perfect for rolling any smoke up to 100mm long, ideal for single wide, 1 1/4, double wide, 1 1/2, and 100mm king size rolling papers.
Another popular option for stoners who want to roll a joint is the EZ Roller. Simply open it, pour the herb into the trough, insert a crutch into one end, close it, and roll the pins. Then insert a paper, twist it, lick it, and repeat until you've established your own little in-house pre-rolls factory. ExRoller has a minimalist design with an all-black theme package that provides a classic and prominent vibe. It definitely works in a variety of situations. Because of their small size, they can all be carried around to various locations without having to worry about where they will fit.