Table of Contents
Can You Dab with a Torch Lighter?
How to Refill a Torch Lighter?
ow to Choose the Best Torch Lighter?
What is a Torch Lighter?
A torch lighter is a device that creates an intensely hot flame, usually from a flammable gas like butane. A torch lighter lights up faster, and the hot flame makes it the best option for lighting up cigars since you do not have to puff at the cigar to evenly light it up.
Types of Torch Lighters
Torch lighters are a heavy-duty type of lighters, and unlike the basic ones, they use butane as fuel and not naphtha. They are excellent for lighting cigars and other outdoor activities because they have strong and steady flames. Torch lighters come in three forms:
- Single Jet Torch Lighter
These torches are also known as single flame torch lighters and produce a thin needle-like flame. They have an intense flame that is blue in color. They are best for large gauge cigars since their intense flame will quickly burn small-gauged ones.
- Double Jet Torch Lighter
As the name suggests, they come with two flames and feature a burning catalyzer in the internal cylinder. It also gives off double of more the temperature intensity as single flame ones. They are good for outdoor activities, especially the quality torch lighters, which are windproof.
- Triple Jet Torch Lighter
These type of torch lighters have three flames, which gives their flame a higher intensity and larger surface area. As a result, they can comfortably light cigarettes with gauges larger than 48. They are quite complex and require careful handling to avoid burn risks. The build of the torch should also be leak proof to keep the butane in. It is critical that you practice using and handling it first.
There are a few models in the market which feature quadruple flame designs, and they have the hottest flames. Another unique type featured among the Zippo lighters is the Candle Lighter. This lighter is powered by a lithium-ion battery and uses no fluid to create the flame. The battery ignites and creates an electrical arc that produces a flame.
What are Torch Lighters for?
Torch lighters are versatile tools useful for a wide range of applications requiring a flame to be ignited. You can use torch lighters for;
- Lighting cigars and cigarettes
- Fireplace lighter
- Lighting candles
- Jewelry making
- Camping applications
- For welding and much more.
Can You Dab with a Torch Lighter?
Not really for two main reasons.
First, you need to heat the nail long enough to get to the right temperature, and this may consume almost the whole torch lighter fuel.
Secondly, you need to have a torch lighter not made of plastic that will melt with the heating or heat up during the process. As a result, torch lighters are not the best for dabbing at home.
But the triple flame torch lighter will be the best torch for dabs, it is a great choice for on the go. A triple torch lighter with full fuel will last 3-4 times for dabs.
Top 10 Best Torch Lighters
Here is the list of the best torch lighter brands for dab.
1. INHALCO Triple Jet Torch Lighter
The INHALCO Triple Jet Torch Lighter has several things going for it. First, it has a pocket-friendly design, which makes it excellent to carry and use on the go. Its high-quality zinc alloy material gives it extra durability and prevents any leakages. The triple jet produces an intense flame and fast lighting action even in windy conditions.
It comes with a refillable valve at the bottom for further convenience, and there is also a flame regulator to control the amount of flame as you desire. You also get a fuel window so you can check on the level of butane and refill in time.
- A sturdy build
- Fast ignition
- Offers safety with the flame regulator
- It comes with a fuel window.
- It lacks any accessories.
2. TOPKAY Torch Lighter
TOPKAY's torch lighter has a trendy design, with its whole tank being visible to allow you to keep track of the butane level. At the top, three burners produce a powerful and windproof turbo jet flame. It is also wide enough to evenly light up wide circular cigars. It is quite a versatile lighter coming in handy at all indoor and outdoor lighter applications.
A unique feature is the manual open safety cap on top of the burners. There is also a large adjustment knob for easy control of the flame. The lighter comes with a 90-day moneyback guarantee.
- The adjustment knob provides a safe way to handle the flame.
- It has a reliable and robust flame.
- Best suited for different outdoor uses.
- Quality guarantee
- The excellent design allows the content of the whole tank to be visible.
- It comes with a manual cap.
- Misses out on the unique accessories of top brand models
3. Moretti Churchill Lighter
For quality on a budget, you cannot go wrong with the Moretti Churchill lighter. It has a sturdy design topped up with rubber for an excellent grip. The lighter has four burners, which produce a broad and consistent flame. It also comes with a flip-out cigarette cutter. The oversized tank comes with a viewing window to tell the extent of the butane.
- It has a sturdy design.
- Sides do not heat up even with extended lighting.
- Has a firm grip
- Four burners produce a wide flame that lights cigars evenly.
- It is a challenge to refill
- Flame may not work in strong winds.
4. Vertigo by Lotus Cyclone Triple Torch Lighter
The Vertigo lighter features a rugged yet good looking design with a huge fuel tank. Its triple flame is windproof and quite hot. The tank allows visibility so you can track fuel levels. It uses an ingenious double action, quartz ignition. It also comes with a durable cloth pouch for further protection.
- Its rugged design offers durability.
- Features a wind-resistant triple flame
- Affordably priced
- Easy to refill
- Available in only one color
- You have to adjust your flame settings considerably.
5. Zippo Lighter Inserts
If you are a fan of Zippo lighters, these inserts are an excellent go-to option. They come in three options; single torch, double torch, and double arc flames. The double arc Zippo insert is a rechargeable option that provides two strong plasma arcs for maximum ignition. They can fit all regular sized Zippo lighter cases.
- They are built for long-time use.
- Have fast and easy ignition
- Come with a 2-year ZIPPO warranty.
- They are light and extremely portable.
- Offer more lights from a single fill or charge.
- They can only work with ZIPPO lighters.
6. Mantello Catador Triple Jet Flame Butane
The standout feature of the Mantello Catador triple jet flame is its elegant design, which features an ergonomic grip for one-hand handling of the lighter. The beautiful design underlies a robust build that gives this lighter a long shelf life. It uses a triple jet flame and comes with a punch cutter as an added accessory.
- It has a powerful windproof flame.
- The sleek design makes it fun to carry around.
- Easily refillable
- Easy to ignite
- It needs plenty of adjusting for proper lighting.
- It has no viewing window to spot the butane level.
7. Case Elegance Double Torch Lighter
For a modern, classy look, the Case Elegance double torch lighter is an excellent option. It features two burners that produce two double jet torches with a strong flame without any heating up. Its stainless-steel casing is elegant and sturdy while offering a fuel gauge window. Its packaging makes it perfect for sending as a gift. Like most quality torch lighters, it comes with a foldable punch cutter.
- Elegant design and gift-ready packaging
- It does not heat up while lighting.
- Easy to refill and operate
- The light can go out in windy conditions.
- The fuel gauge may not be visible in darker conditions.
8. TOMOLO Torch Lighter Triple Jet Flame
The TOMOLO torch lighter is all about practicality and convenience. For instance, the top lighter is made with zinc alloy, which is more durable, while the whole tank is made of transparent plastic. It also comes with a punch cutter, but it is inbuilt for easy operation instead of a foldable one. It is also lightweight and highly compact.
- Features a triple jet flame that is windproof
- The transparent fuselage tank allows you to track fuel levels easily.
- It has a convenient flame adjustment mechanism.
- It can be tricky to refill
9. PILOTDIARY Butane Torch Lighter
The PILOTDIARY is another butane torch for dab that features an anti-leakage design. The zinc alloy also ensures the lighter has a long lifetime. It also has a double jet flame, which you can adjust easily using the flame dial at the base of the lighter. Despite its zinc material, there is a visible window to check the butane levels and fill it in time. It is available in gold, silver, and black hues.
- It is leakproof
- Easily refillable
- The company provides services and a warranty for the lighter.
- Strong double jet flame
- The fuel tank is quite small.
10. Personalized Triple Torch Cigar Lighter
The Typhoon personalized lighter offers you several options of customizing your torch lighter, including engraving it. Performance-wise the triple laser flame emits a powerful flame that will light up even big cigars in a flash. It is available in three colors, further increasing your options. It also comes with a retractable bullet cutter.
- It produces a windproof triple jet flame.
- Easily customizable
- It is compact and light for easy portability.
- It is easy to maintain
- The build is slightly weaker compared to other options.
How to refill a torch lighter?
- Pick the right quality of butane with high purity. The butane can should also have an extended nozzle for easy refilling.
- Drain out any leftover fuel from the tank.
- Turn the flame adjuster to its lowest setting.
- Turn the torch lighter upside down and press the butane can nozzle into the refill valve.
- Do not pump the fuel into the tank but let it drip in. it will take about 15 seconds or less depending on tank capacity.
- Once the tank is full, stop refilling and leave it to rest for 2 minutes to get the fuel to room temperature.
- Adjust the flame setting back to the desired level before using the lighter again.
How to Choose the Best Torch Lighter
Finding the right torch lighter gives you the correct value for your money. It also ensures you not only get a high-quality product but also one which matches your needs and your preferences. Here are the main things to consider.
- Flame Type
Torch lighters have an intense flame, but your selection should depend on the type of cigars you are using. Smaller flames work well with smaller cigars. You also want to get a torch lighter that has a windproof flame to avoid inconveniences while in outdoor environments.
- Flame Control
The best torch lighter should come with a flame adjustment mechanism. It is a safety feature and allows you to control the intensity of the flame and direct it to the tip of the cigar. The adjustment mechanism should be easy to operate and sturdy to withstand repeated use.
- Size and Ergonomics
Size is a crucial consideration, especially if you are planning to be carrying the lighter in your pocket. You may also have to consider the size of your
hands in relation to the balance they will offer as you handle the lighter. The best lighter also comes with an ergonomic design and good grip. These latter aspects are crucial if you plan to use them in other outdoor activities.
- Ignition Type
Check out if the torch lighter uses a piezo ignition, which is more efficient and nowadays the choice of most top brands. Cheaper and older brands maybe using flint ignition, which is dependent on environmental factors and thus unreliable.
If you are going to invest in a pricey torch lighter, then it should do more than just light cigars. The more versatile a torch lighter is, the more uses you can have, especially outdoors. The best models can work at camps, barbecues, and lighting furnaces.
The extras that come along with a torch lighter increase utility, convenience, and the quality of the lighter. They include a warranty and the duration, which speaks of the confidence a company has in its products. Others include an easy refill mechanism, gift box packaging, fuel level visibility, and an inbuilt cigar punch.
Using this criterion and the above list will help you narrow down your options in a crowded niche. Pick the best torch lighter that reflects your budget, preference and offers you the most for your buck.
*This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. All products are intended for legal usage. Before consuming cannabis in any form, please consult with a licensed health care provider, smoke at your own risk.